1. Power pack their foods – kids bodies are super engines powering all the functions they need for optimum performance – muscles, brain power, processing and cleaning stations, growth and repair area etc etc.
2. Give them valuable experiences and fill their day with learning. To love learning is one of the most precious gifts you can give your child.
3. Remember the old saying “garbage in / garbage out”. That applies for all things your baby will see, do and hear. Stop and do a quick audit of what they are seeing (is the nightly news appropriate), doing (is their time filled with “quality” learning toys and TV) and hearing (what are the lyrics to the music they listening too).
4. Enrich their time. If they are going to watch TV give them programs such as Snapatoonies that will challenge and inspire them, while encouraging interaction and fun times. Now is when their brain is forming all the neuron paths – now is a critical learning and life shaping time.
5. Laugh a lot with them. It will help you relax and enjoy your time with them and they will love the special bonding time you spend together.